New building address: 2109 Cuming St
- Current building closed July 9-Aug. 26, we are accepting calls for dental appointment during the transition period at 402.280.5990.
- On August 27th, the new clinic will open at 2109 Cuming St.
- Save the Date! Saturday, Sept. 15, the School of Dentistry will celebrate the opening of the new, state-of-the-art dental building with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and open house.
Tours will be available by RSVP in the fall. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
About the Construction Project
The School of Dentistry has announced that it will respond to the growing needs of the dental profession, the Omaha community and our students by building a larger facility. The future home of the School, located on Cuming Street between 21st and 22nd streets, will enhance the ability to offer a top-notch, clinically excellent dental education. Ground was broken in September 2016 and the project is slated for completion in 2018.
The new facility will position the School to recruit talented faculty members, introduce innovative technology, enhance the functionality and efficiency of our clinic, allow us to serve additional patients - especially our community's under-served - and enhance our research core of excellence.
It starts with you.
We are actively seeking additional full-time and part-time faculty as we transition into a new state-of-the-art building in August.
Discounted and unreimbursed services to the community total $6.7 million. Of the 174 dental chairs in the community available to underserved patients, 155 are located at Creighton University.
With our community partners, we supply services valued at a total of $1.3 million.
- Building Healthy Futures
- Give Kids a Smile
- OneWorld Clinic
- Charles Drew Clinic
- Project Homeless Connect
- Special Olympics
- St. Francis Dental Clinic-Rosebud Reservation
- Institute for Latin American Concern (ILAC)
These services include free clinics, preventive care education, and pediatric dental care.
Economic impact will increase from $627M to $848M with new facility offerings by 2023. Up to 200 new jobs will be created indirectly.
Creighton University School of Dentistry
Opening: August, 27, 2018
New address: 2109 Cuming St
The old clinic closes July 6, 2018
We are accepting calls for appointments during the transition period
Call 402.280.5990 for an appointment.
Starting August 27, the main patient parking can be accessed from Burt Street at 23rd Street. Additional parking is available on 21st Street.
- Currently, we receive more than 2,200 applications for each incoming class
- 1:25 admit/application ratio
- We will modestly increase DDS enrollment with the new building
- Increase from 12,000 to 15,000 from community
- Expand pediatric services in Omaha community
Notable New Spaces
- Collaborative Care Health Office: Uniting School of Dentistry, School of Medicine and College of Nursing to offer broad range of all health-related questions from patients
- Wilwerding-DiLorenzo Digital Technology Center: Computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD-CAM) center to guide students through use of the latest dental technologies