Dr. Kenneth I. Knowles is an associate professor emeritus of endodontics. He was chair of the Department of Endodontics from 2000-2006 and promoted to emeritus in 2011.
Born in Boise and raised in McCall, Idaho, Dr. Knowles attended the College of Idaho for his pre-dental requirements and was accepted at the University of Missouri-Kansas City for his dental education and graduated D.D.S., in 1966. He entered the USAF and 5 years later returned to UMKC to complete an Endodontic residency earning a M.S. in 1973. Following a 25 year career in the USAF, he retired in 1989 at the rank of full colonel and accepted an appointment to the faculty of Creighton University School of Dentistry, Department of Endodontics.
- In the year 2000, as an Associate Professor, he was appointed Chairman of the Department of Endodontics. He would continue as Chairman until his retirement in 2006.
- As a researcher, he published over 17 articles and abstracts in major referenced journals.
- Dr. Knowles was a proficient lecturer, presenting professional presentations in the United States, Canada, England, Europe and India. He also initiated Creighton CE courses on Cruise Ships in 2004.
- He was a member of the ADA, the American Association of Endodontics, OKU, the Nebraska Dental Association and a Fellow of the American College of Dentists.
- In 2004 he was recognized as recipient of the prestigious Stephen H. Leeper Award for Excellence in Teaching from the OKU National Dental Society. (National Award for Dentistry Teacher of the Year).
- DDS, University of Missouri-Kansas City, 1966
- M.S., University of Missouri-Kansas City, 1973