Dr. Gene R. Huebner spent many years in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Creighton School of Dentistry, including a 19-year term as chair of the department. He was granted professor emeritus status in 2005.
- D.D.S., University of Nebraska, 1965
- M.S. in Dentistry, University of Minnesota, 1971
- M.S. in Health Services Administration, University of St. Francis, 1997
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Mayo Clinic 1968-1971
- Fellow, General Anesthesia of the American Society of Dental Anesthesiology, 1975
- Fellow, American College of Dentists, 1998